If you’re looking for some new smoothie recipes to try, we’ve rounded up 25 delicious recipes that are sure to satisfy your tastebuds. Whether you want to add more fiber to your diet or just need breakfast on the go, these recipes require only a handful of ingredients and can be thrown together in minutes. Better yet, they’re light on the calories! Make sure to pin your favorites 😀
1. Blueberry Basil Smoothie: this smoothie uses fresh basic leaves to bring you a variety of vitamins. It also includes blueberries and nuts to round out the flavor. Check out the recipe at Worth Cooking.
2. Pomegranate Strawberry Smoothie: Pomegranate juice is the most important ingredient in this smoothie, which is great for improving blood flow to the heart and can help reduce LDL-cholesterol in the blood (according to the Huffington Post). Add in strawberries for a sweeter flavor and your smoothie is good to go! Check out the recipe at Teaspoon of Goodness.
3. Whiteout Smoothie: coconut milk and yogurt give this smoothie its white creamy texture. This recipe can be used as a replacement for breakfast, and works well as a base recipe to add in the fruit of your choice. Check out the recipe at Brittany’s Pantry.
4. Kale Green Smoothie: kale is one of those vegetables that has so many great benefits, but is not the best-tasting vegetable. However, when blended with the right fruit in a smoothie, it adds a nice spicy flavor and becomes apart of something tasty (and good for you). Check out the recipe at Southern Krazed.
5. Pineapple Orange Creamsicle Smoothie: this is a great smoothie for the summertime using fresh oranges, pineapple juice and greek yogurt to give it a kick of protein. Check out the recipe at Two Healthy Kitchens.
6. Make-Ahead Breakfast Energy Smoothie: this smoothie can easily be made in advance by preparing it the night before. Chop up your fruit, add in some coconut water and spinach and place the entire blender in the fridge. This allows you to simply turn your blender on in the morning and you’re good to go! Check out the recipe at Thrifty DIY Diva.
7. Green Tea Smoothie: this bright green blend of goodness uses a dash of matcha powder and spinach to deliver an assortment of vitamins and nutrients that are sure to give your morning an extra kick. Check out the recipe at Brittany’s Pantry.
8. Simple Apple Smoothie: this smoothie recipe reminds me of a classic recipe for apple pie, but a great way to get the taste without the calories. A pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon will satisfy your tastebuds, and the red apples add a sparkle to the mix. Check out the recipe at Upstate Ramblings.
9. Strawberry Orange Pineapple Smoothie: this recipe blends fresh pineapple and strawberries together to make a lighter version of what you might find at the mall. Add in wheat germ and a few other fresh ingredients to make this a guiltless indulgence. Check out the recipe at Brittany’s Pantry.
10. “The Elvis” Peanut Butter-Banana Smoothie: this smoothie was actually the result of a dip recipe that didn’t turn out right, but was saved by becoming a delicious smoothie. Check out the recipe at Two Healthy Kitchens.
11. Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie: oatmeal is a great source of protein and fiber, but we don’t always have time to sit down and eat a bowl of it. Pair raw oatmeal with fresh strawberries, and you’re out the door (with a few other ingredients). Check out the recipe at Mama Likes to Cook.
13. Mango Avocado Smoothie: most smoothies use banana as a base to get the right consistency, but not this smoothie! Try avocado instead to get a nice creamy texture, combined with mango and mint leaves to give it a tropical tone! Check out the recipe at Upstate Ramblings.
14. Veggie & Wheat Smoothie: This smoothie is packed with all kinds of goodness; flaxseed, wheat germ, veggies and fresh fruit. This is a great way to sneak in a few servings of vegetables for those picky eaters in the family. Check out the recipe at The Thrifty Couple.
15. Creamy Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie: The secret ingredient in this smoothie is silken tofu, paired with fresh fruit and maple syrup. The maple syrup helps balance out the kiwis since it can taste too tart. Check out the recipe at Vegetarian Gourmet.
17. Vanilla Pineapple Blackberry Smoothie: vanilla almond milk gives this berry blend a splash of vanilla flavor. It also features chia seeds and protein powder to deliver an array of health benefits. Check out the recipe at A TIPical Day.
18. Peaches & Cream Protein Smoothie: this peach smoothie is full of protein! Egg whites, chia seeds and frozen yogurt are just a few of the ingredients needed to create this creamy concoction. Check out the recipe at How to Have It All.
19. Tummy Slimming & Belly Fat Blasting Smoothie: This smoothie only requires three ingredients, which are a great combination to help slim your waistline and drink away unwanted fat. Check out the recipe at The Thrifty Couple.
20. Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake: cinnamon, bananas and vanilla are the secret ingredients in this cup of goodness (you can lighten up on the protein powder on days you don’t work out). This sounds like a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth! Check out the recipe at How to Have It All.
22. Al Roker’s Basic Berry Smoothie: this recipe comes from Al Roker’s book about his weightless journey, called “Never Going Back”. It’s super simple and only requires two ingredients. Check out the recipe at Housewives of Frederick County.
23. Banana Almond Paleo Smoothie: this nutty blend of nut butter, banana and a variety of nuts is great way to pack in a lot of protein into one meal. Check out the recipe at Confessions of an Overworked Mom.
25. Blueberry Muffin Smoothie: this recipe adds oats to give you the muffin style flavor, but is way healthier. You could also swap the blueberries for other kinds of fruit to imitate your favorite muffin. Check out the recipe at Thrifty Jinxy.
I hope you enjoyed this smoothie roundup! Hopefully this gave you some fresh new ideas and inspiration for staying healthy this month. What is your favorite smoothie? Let us know in the comments!